lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Smith <john_smith9...@yahoo.com>
Subject ParallelReader
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:24:36 GMT
Hi

I am using the ParallelReader feature from Lucene 1.9.

I have 2 indexes, one that doesn’t change and the other that changes often. I delete
and re-index documents from the dynamic index often.

I am indexing the documents with a keyword field “id” and giving it a unique number.
This goes into the dynamic index. I delete the document from the dynamic index using IndexReader.delete
(new Term(“id”, <unique number>))

I reindex the document to the dynamic index using the same id. But when I query using the
ParallelReader, it fails to return this document as a hit, which should not be the case. Before
deleting and reindexing the document, when I queried both the indexes using the ParallelReader,
this document did turn up as  hit.

The number of documents in both the indexes is the same.

My understanding is ParallelReader works for situations where you have a static index and
a dynamic index.

Is there something else that needs to be done to keep the indexes in sync or is the way I
am deleting and reindexing the same document wrong?

Any comments/help appreciated.

Thanks

JZ