lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugeny...@jdevelop.com>
Subject Re: partial reindex
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:56:19 GMT
On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 08:38:21AM -0400, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> > But could Lucene mix up 2 indexes in single query?
> Using ParallelReader - yes.  Read the javadocs to learn more.

May be MultiReader? I didn't find ParallelReader in my API docs for Lucene
1.4.3.

Im'm trying to think in this way:

let's say we have index of documents, each document has it's own unique ID.
and we have another index of ACLs for each document. Is it possible to use
some kind of "join" for the document index and for the ACL index, and create
search query, which will instantly validate the ACL for document, using UID
key in both document index and acl index?

I'm just trying to avoid post-filtering at all.

P.S. Really useful book, I like it.

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky