lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugeny...@jdevelop.com>
Subject partial reindex
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:01:00 GMT
Is it possible somehow to change some partial fields in indexed documents
without reindexing all documents?

The thing is we have set of "searchable" documents and set of access
privileges (which builds the tree-like structure, i'e access privileges could be
inherited from parent node) for these documents. I was supposed to provide
some "keyword" when indexing documents, which keyword will be "flatten" rights,
i'e privileges merged from parent nodes (if required), in the same way as it is
described in the Lucene in action book appendix (SecurityFilterTest).

But if some of parent nodes changes, I need to reindex underlying documents,
in the worst case - if root node is changed, whole set of documents needs to be
reindexed, which could take a lot of time.

So if it is possible to reindex only specified field in document index - it
will be great, if it is possible to reindex some specified field in specified
set of documents - it will do the best for me.

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky