lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Folksonomies
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:57:13 GMT

On Oct 4, 2005, at 11:52 AM, mark harwood wrote:

>> Is anyone out there incorporating folksonomies into
>> their lucene indexes,
>>

> Technorati uses Lucene.

So does Simpy - it's the social bookmarking / folksonomy system
developed by our very own Otis Gospodnetic.

I'm also building a collaborative and social "bookmarking" system
(hopefully deployed live in the next few weeks in pre-alpha status
for scholars to tinker with).  My current architecture does not use
Lucene for tags, but rather RDF and Kowari.  I have full-text search
for content, but tags are currently treated precisely and full-text
search is not needed on them.

     Erik