lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Kim" <p...@cymfony.com>
Subject RE: Re: Lucene and remote index and java applet, with no java app server
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:12:42 GMT
I'm not sure about Perl or PHP--perhaps there are some ports of Lucene
that'll let you do that. But the most straightforward way is to just
write a simple Java web application with a servlet that uses an
IndexSearcher to execute a form-entered query and have it return
results.

It seems like you may be unfamiliar with Java web application
programming though. Download Tomcat, get a book on java servlet
programming (I like Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages) and get Lucene
in Action (essential for doing anything with lucene). But stay away from
applets!

Peter