lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Kim" <p...@cymfony.com>
Subject IllegalArgumentException: attempt to access a deleted document
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 23:08:08 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting this error from trying to access a document in my custom hit
collector:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: attempt to access a deleted document
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:235
)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.MultiReader.document(MultiReader.java:108)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.doc(IndexSearcher.java:74)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:66)

Does anyone know why I'm getting this error? Shouldn't the ids passed to

HitCollector.collect(int id, float score) all be valid? Or are deleted
ids not ignored?

I noticed one way to get around this is to use IndexReader.isDeleted()
to check if it's deleted or not. The problem with that is I only have
access to a MultiSearcher in my HitCollector which doesn't give me
access to the underlying IndexReader. I don't want to have to open an
IndexReader in my custom hit collector to use its isDeleted() method.

Anyone know any workarounds?

Thanks!
peter