lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cyril Barlow" <i...@fantasyfooty.org>
Subject Re: IndexSearcher in servlet containers
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:15:10 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <erik@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: IndexSearcher in servlet containers

> On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Cyril Barlow wrote:
> >> I'm really confused on the dilemma here.
> >>
> >> You can create a startup hook using one of the Servlet specification
> >> listeners, create an IndexSearcher there, stuff it into application
> >> scope (context.setAttribute()).
> >>
> >> There is no digging into Jetty's guts needed, just plain and simple
> >> servlet API will suffice.
> >>
> >> Of course you'll also want a facility to re-instantiate the
> >> IndexSearcher if the index is changing, but that is just building
> >> upon the pieces I just described.
> >>

> > OK, I add a IndexSearcher object using the context.setAttribute(IS)
> > but how
> > do I refer back to it from the servlet code?
>
> Uh... IndexSearcher searcher = (IndexSearcher) context.getAttribute
> ("<some key>")

Using one IndexSearcher across the whole application doesn't seem to work.
I'm getting :

 java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid at
java.io.RandomAccessFile.seek(Native Method) at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.readInternal(FSDirectory.java:415) at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readBytes(InputStream.java:61) at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$CSInputStream.readInternal(Compou
ndFileReader.java:220) at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.refill(InputStream.java:158) at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readByte(InputStream.java:43) at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readVInt(InputStream.java:83) at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.readTerm(SegmentTermEnum.java:142)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java:115) at
org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.scanEnum(TermInfosReader.java:143)
at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java:132) at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.docFreq(SegmentReader.java:253) at
org.apache.lucene.index.MultiReader.docFreq(MultiReader.java:192) at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.docFreq(IndexSearcher.java:69) at
org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity.idf(Similarity.java:255) at
org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery$TermWeight.sumOfSquaredWeights(TermQuery.
java:47) at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$BooleanWeight.sumOfSquaredWeights(Bool
eanQuery.java:110) at org.apache.lucene.search.Query.weight(Query.java:86)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:117) at
org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:64) at
org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.(Hits.java:51) at
org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:41) at  ..........

This is after a few searches. Its ok before that. Any ideas?