lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Malcolm" <malcycl...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and SAX
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:03:25 GMT
It's XML like this. It has 120-ish volumes with references to 12,107 articles which are like
this below:
<article>
<fno>A1003</fno>
<doi>10.1041/A1003s-1995</doi>
<fm><hdr><hdr1><ti>IEEE Annals of the History of Computing</ti>
<pp>pp. 3-3</pp></hdr2></hdr>
<tig>
</fm>
<bdy>
that we have tried to present over the past many years. However, it still represents the work
of the English&hyphen;speaking world of the North Atlantic rather than a broader picture
of computing in the whole world. The Editorial Board and the article editors of the <it>Annals</it>
are doing their best to bring the history of the whole world of computing to our readers,
but it does require authors in other countries to offer their manuscripts for our consideration.
Please take this as an open invitation to authors in other parts of the world to submit papers
to the <it>Annals</it>
for review and help us to follow the lead of our parent organization in being the &ldquo;The
World&rsquo;s Computer Society.&rdquo;</p>
in our files for some time, and we are grateful to the authors for having &ldquo;stuck
with us&rdquo; while we reviewed, re&hyphen;reviewed, and reworked their papers. Articles
in the field of history do not always present the work of the authors themselves (though we
welcome pioneers to give us their own stories, as in the case of the 1935 article by John
McPherson in this issue); thus, answering the question &ldquo;is it accurate?&rdquo;
is not always easy. In fact, we ask our referees to answer the following questions about each
manuscript, and their responses determine whether we accept the manuscript &ldquo;as is&rdquo;
or whether we ask the author(s) to revise the material:</p>
<l2>
<li>
<li>
</bdy></article>