lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Clark" <malcycl...@btinternet.com>
Subject Lucene/Digester
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:44:22 GMT
Hi all,
I'm using Lucene/Digester etc for my MSc I'm quite new to these API's. I'm trying to obtain
advice but it's hard to say whether the problem is Lucene or Digester.
Firstly:
I am trying to index the INEX collection but when I try to index repetitive elements only
the last one is indexed. For example:
<Book>
<Name>
<Title>
<Chapter></Chapter>
<Chapter></Chapter>
<Chapter></Chapter> //this is the only one indexed
</Title>
</Name>
</Book>
only the last Chapter element will be indexed and it will skip the first two.
Secondly:
When using the Digester/Lucene with XML does each file have to contain e.g
<!DOCTYPE books PUBLIC "-//LBIN//DTD IEEE Mag//EN" "xmlarticle.dtd" or is
there a way around it?
 I have tried to use the sample line from the Digester API
digester.register("-//Example Dot Com //DTD Sample Example//EN",  "assets/sample.dtd");
but to no avail.

Thanks very much. I really appreciate any possible solutions as I'm stumped.
Malcolm
Scotland