lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "jibu mathew" <j...@deldynamics.com>
Subject need help for generating Query String
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 04:45:42 GMT
Hi all,

I need urgent help for the following issues.

What is the query string to retrieve all the documents indexed
(something similar to *.*)?
In a program I have indexed 10 files. When I do a search using the query
"contents:java", it will return 2 documents. But when I give
"-contents:java", then it will return an empty result set. Does anyone
know what the right query string for this? I.e., to retrieve all
documents that does not contain the word 'java'.
What is the query string to retrieve all the documents which content is
empty?

Please help me as soon as possible

Thanks

Jibu