lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <GSIng...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Relevance Feedback
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:06:24 GMT
I have implemented (more or less)  Rochio rel. feedback.  You have to
make some minor modifications b/c Lucene doesn't support boost values
less than 0, but other than it is pretty straightforward using the
TermVector support.  At feedback time, get the TermVector for the top X
documents and construct a new query using the frequencies of the terms
for boosting (maybe multiplying by the alpha, beta, gamma parameters if
you want).  I seem to recall others posting that they have implemented
similar things, so you may want to search the archive of this list.

I used the description in "Modern Information Retrieval" by Baeza-Yates
and Ribeiro-Neto for the algorithm.

>>> gusenbauer@eduhi.at 09/19/05 3:46 PM >>>
Does anyone have experiences with relevance feedback and lucene or
just
knows some good websites?
thx
stefan