lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <GSIng...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: How do I implement "find documents like document x."
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:53:54 GMT
I believe there a several ways of doing it.  You can use the
MoreLikeThis contribution at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/similarity
or you can roll your own using the TermVector implementation.
Basically, do your first search, get the term vector from the document
you are interested in and then build a new query out of the terms of
document A.  I haven't used the first.  The Lucene book also has a
section on TermVectors and has similar examples.

>>> Peter.Gelderbloem@mediasurface.com 09/19/05 7:31 AM >>>

Hi
I was wondering how would you search for documents similar to a
specified document using Lucene?
The context would be that I categorise document A manually, and then
search for documents with similar terms. Hopefully the documents
returned would be in the same category/theme as document A.
The system would eventually build up a set of documents for each
category to match against.

Peter Gelderbloem