lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <paul.libbre...@activemath.org>
Subject Updating a Document without re-analyzing
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:29:00 GMT

Hi,

some times ago I posted a comment which asking this question (which is
by no means new) about updating a Lucene document without re-analyzing,
that is, where we expect the token-streams to be copied into the new
document and where I intend to change only a few keyword values.

I cannot find this answer anymore, sadly... It was something like "look
in Nutch" but I didn't find it there, at least.

Could someone repoint me to this bit ? Updating a document this way
would be a very important optimization for us as we could unload most
of the content into lucene's document and modify, later, the document
with results which need to have swallowed the whole repository first.

thank you much.

paul