lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Problem in .txt file indexing
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:27:08 GMT

You seem to be using the example code from LIA chapter 7, however you seem
to be confusing the "DocumentHandlerException" class mentioned there with
org.ujac.print.DocumentHandlerException -- a completely unrelated class
that just happens to have the same name (i'm guessing you found it doing a
google search when your code wouldn't compile)

http://ujac.sourceforge.net/UJAC/docs/api/org/ujac/print/DocumentHandlerException.html

...if you read section 7.1.1 it says...

     all classes imlementing the DocumentHandler interface throw a
     DocumentHandlerException.  This is a checked exception, a simple
     subclass of Java's Exception class, so we'll omit it's listing.

...but if you go download the source code Otis and Erik have made
available, you'll find it included...

	http://www.lucenebook.com/LuceneInAction.zip