lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Switching from FSDirectory to RAMDirectory
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:53:00 GMT

: Hi,
: I find that unit tests that modify an existing record in the Lucene
: index by removing it , modifying it and re-adding it, fails if I switch
: from an FSDirectory to a RAMDirectory.

Could you please post a full and complete unit test that demonstrates the
problem.  Based on your description of the problem, it seems like a test
of about 20 lines should demonstrate the problem.

Off the top of my head, i'm guessing that at some point in your tests, you
close your reader and reopen it (possibly while constructing an
IndexSearcher) to see your modifications, and at that point maybe you are
accessing the orriginal FSDirectory.

-Hoss