lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Sorting results by both score and date
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:54:08 GMT
Tim, check out p. 155 in LIA where we discuss "Sorting by multiple
fields".

However, what you're really after it seems is boosting documents.
Check out TheServerSide's case study (online or in LIA) - Dion
discusses how he implemented boosting for more recent documents.  If
you're indexing documents in ascending date order, perhaps you could
leverage the document id in such a boosting factor?

     Erik