lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Sort by relevance+distance
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:39:06 GMT

On Sep 18, 2005, at 3:39 PM, James Huang wrote:
> So the question is, is there a way to overriding score
> calculation at runtime? In the lucene/search package,
> I see interfaces like Scorer, Weight and methods like
> Query.createWeight(). This looks promising.

There are several ways to adjust scoring, but I really think your
best bet is to create a custom Query subclass (and therefore the
Weight stuff underneath) to accommodate your needs.  I'm going to
become an audience member for the rest of this discussion as I
personally don't have experience creating that sort of thing, but
look forward to learning more about how it can be done.

     Erik