lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Soboroff <ian.sobor...@nist.gov>
Subject Re: Implementing Lucene Search on DB2
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:40:55 GMT

You should look to the various papers by Ophir Frieder, David
Grossman, Abdur Chowdhury and others from IIT.  They developed a whole
IR system in SQL.

http://ir.iit.edu/irwebsiteserv/IRViewer?docid=159
http://ir.iit.edu/irwebsiteserv/IRViewer?docid=132

Grossman and Frieder have a recent textbook on IR, as well.

Ian

"Niranjan Soni (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists@nabble.com> writes:

> Hello all
>
> I am new to Lucene and evaluating this software for a search engine that we would like
to build for our e-commerce website.

> Our existing website is using DB2 database and using DB2 Text Extender for search functionality.
We would use Lucene Search Engine instead of DB2 Text Extender. I would like to get some more
information about how/best way to implement Lucene Search on DB2.

> Our existing search module creates/updates indexes on 4 fields from 3 database tables
each. And the search is performed using combination of these 3 tables and 4 fields from each
of these 3 tables.

> We would like to implement a similar solution using Lucene. Can anyone provide me with
any kind of information how we can achieve this?