lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From George Abraham <george.abraham.luc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene vs SQL database
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:39:53 GMT
Eugene,
You could grab all the fields for a record in a SQL database, mash it all
together and transfer it into one indexing field in Lucene. Use some
scripting tools (or even JDBC and Java) to do this. However if you are
asking if Lucene can go and look over a SQL database and return results,
that would not work. Lucene has to index the database fields first. The
indexing would happen with the first two sentences of my post.

HTH,
George