lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mordo, Aviran (EXP N-NANNATEK)" <aviran.mo...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: Storing HashMap as an UnIndexed Field
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:24:37 GMT
You can store the values as a coma separated string (which then you'll
need to parse manually back to a HashMap)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tricia Williams [mailto:pgwillia@student.cs.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:14 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Storing HashMap as an UnIndexed Field

Hi,

   I'd like to store a HashMap for some extra data to be used when a
given document is retrieved as a Hit for a query.  To add an UnIndexed
Field to an index takes only Strings as parameters.  Does anyone have
any suggestions on how I might convert the HashMap to a String that is
efficiently recomposed into the desired HashMap on the other end?

Thanks,
Tricia