lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lamprecht <>
Subject Re: IO bandwidth throttling
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:00:10 GMT
Hi Ben,

Yes -- I would prefer to let the OS handle his, especially if it can
save me some coding.  Is there is a way (under linux) to limit a
certain process's disk utilization?  It seems like nice(1) just
modifies the scheduling priority, I'm assuming this means CPU
scheduling.  In my case, I'm trying to prevent a cron task that
updates the lucene search index from consuming the disk, causing the
search to slow down.