lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jian chen <chenjian1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to search between dates?
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:14:15 GMT
Hi,

The other way maybe, store the date in a separate database, like derby
embeded database. Then, do a joint query between the Lucene result and the
derby database select result, and merge the two result set into one by
handing coding a database intersection like type of operation.

Just a thought but I am looking into using derby to store all the
numeric/date data that requires range query, and only store in Lucene the
free text data. Then, using a primary key to associate the two.

Since typically, range query is best handled by B+ tree indexing, so, that
is why I want to give derby a try and see how to best integrate it with
Lucene.

Cheers,

Jian