lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing Lucene Search on DB2
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:15:19 GMT
We have a product, DBSight, just to extract database content and
render search results. DB2 is one of the supported databases.
Many features can be found on the website.

For your case, DBSight can easily select all your data you needed and
create an index to search on.
At least you can very quickly to get it running.

Let us know the performance difference you experienced, DB2 Text
Extender vs. Lucene.

Chris
------------------------
Lucene RAD on Any Databases
http://www.dbsight.net

On 9/30/05, Niranjan Soni (sent by Nabble.com) <lists@nabble.com> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I am new to Lucene and evaluating this software for a search engine that we would like
to build for our e-commerce website.

> Our existing website is using DB2 database and using DB2 Text Extender for search functionality.
We would use Lucene Search Engine instead of DB2 Text Extender. I would like to get some more
information about how/best way to implement Lucene Search on DB2.

> Our existing search module creates/updates indexes on 4 fields from 3 database tables
each. And the search is performed using combination of these 3 tables and 4 fields from each
of these 3 tables.

> We would like to implement a similar solution using Lucene. Can anyone provide me with
any kind of information how we can achieve this?