lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Rodenburg <jeff.rodenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Hits issue or custom filter issue?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:23:23 GMT
I'm encountering some unexpected behavior teeing up multiple Hits objects
from a searcher, and I think I'm missing something obvious. Hoping a second
pair of eyes might see what I'm missing.

Here's my code sequence:
// Some liberties taken in the code regarding names, etc.
// v1.4.3 codebase

BooleanQuery combinedQuery = new BooleanQuery();
Query query = MultiFieldQueryParser.Parse(searchstring, arraySearchFields,
new StandardAnalyzer());
combinedQuery.add(query);
combinedQuery.add(anotherQualifyingQuery);

Hits h1 = oMultiSearcher.Search(new FilteredQuery(combinedQuery, new
myCustomFilter(1)));
Hits h2 = oMultiSearcher.Search(new FilteredQuery(combinedQuery, new
myCustomFilter(2)));
Hits h3 = oMultiSearcher.Search(new FilteredQuery(combinedQuery, new
myCustomFilter(3)));
Hits h4 = oMultiSearcher.Search(new FilteredQuery(combinedQuery, new
myCustomFilter(4)));
Hits h5 = oMultiSearcher.Search(new FilteredQuery(combinedQuery, new
myCustomFilter(5)));
Hits h6 = oMultiSearcher.Search(new FilteredQuery(combinedQuery, new
myCustomFilter(6)));

int i1 = h1.length(); //yields some number x
int i2 = h2.length(); //always yields x
int i3 = h3.length(); //always yields x
int i4 = h4.length(); //always yields x
int i5 = h5.length(); //always yields x
int i6 = h6.length(); //always yields x

// End of code

My problem: the values for i1 through i6 should be different. I've verified
this by manually interrogating a small index I've created. My initial
thought is the problem lies in the custom filter I've created.
myCustomFilter extends Filter, and I'm following the BitSet comparitive
example as found in the LIA book. I've done nothing in myCustomFilter
regarding caching.

I'm doubting this is a bug, but rather something I've overlooked.

thanks,
jeff r.