lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bogdan Munteanu <bogdan.munte...@gmail.com>
Subject Deleting documents
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:40:00 GMT
I have a problem when deleting documents.
Lets say I have a Document object doc.
doc.add(Field.Text("id","index1,DML"));
doc.add(Field.Text("contents","some records"));
IndexWriter.addDocument(doc);
 Now if I want to delete the document with id:index1,DML I do something like
this:
IndexReader.delete(new Term("id", "index1,DML"));
 And it is not deleted.
 I have debuged it and noticed that lucene compares my "index1,DML"
parameter with it's internal value "index1,dml".
 So when I do:
 IndexReader.delete(new Term("id", "index1,dml"));
the document is deleted.
 Now please explain me why is there a lower case value for my "id"?
And excuse my poor english!