lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alberto Squassabia" <alber...@optimus-corp.com>
Subject query behavior
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:46:45 GMT
Hi!

I learnt from a mailing list archive that the following applies:

<quote>
---------------------------------
Tue, 06 Jan 2004
[...]
I have a index with documents that have only 2 fields, the first
(unique) is 'very unique', in that most document have at least somewhat
varying terms, the second is a boolean that contains only (boolean)
'true' or 'false'. The index contains 100,000,000+ documents.
If I perform the following search "+unique:somevalue +boolean:true',
lucene with search on the first term, returning very few documents, but
then it will search the second term, returning possibly a million+
documents, then it will intersect the list, return 'hits' of only a few
documents.
[. . .]
This behavior has been observed with the 1.3 final code.
Robert Engels
</quote>

Can anyone tell me if that is still true for 1.4?  Or if there are any
optimizations that is possible to hardcode in such a case (I have a
similar problem).

Cheers,

Alberto S
albertos_at_optimus-corp_dot_com