lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Small problem in searching
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:46:37 GMT
Lucene's WildcardQuery *does* support "postfix" queries - however
QueryParser does not allow such an expression to pass through.  You
can create a WildcardQuery with a Term("field", "*whatever") and
search with that.  All caveats about WildcardQuery, performance, and
maximum number of boolean clauses apply.

     Erik