lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Cherouvim ...@eworx.gr>
Subject lucene and UTF-8
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:45:47 GMT
Hello

I'm having some problems indexing my UTF-8 html pages. I am running
lucene on Linux and I cannot understand why does the index generated
depends on the locale of my operating system.
If I do set | grep LANG I get: LANG=el_GR which is Greek. If I set this
to en_US the index generated will be different. Why is this the case? My
HTMLs are all UTF-8.

Also, is there a lucene index browser? I am currently using Luke, which
is good but it doesn't show the Greek UTF-8 from within the index
correctly. Is this a matter of a setting in Luke?

Regads,
J.