lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Aksoy <ahme...@axtelsoft.com>
Subject May I use a mixture of indexing methods altogether?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:22:05 GMT
Hi,
I have a project seed in my mind.
I will try to collect everything which have a possibility to be
remembered by me some day, and I will index them with Lucene.
Instead of using simple keywords, I will try to index whole documents
wherever possible. So, I can start searching with a simple word, and
then continue to ask for more detailed answers.
For example, frequently I forget the name of  my acquintances. But I
don't forget their gender. Or, I can remember some other details of
them. So, I should index every possible clues.
But, at the other end, I have some other documents -such as some
passwords, etc- which must be encrypted. Then, I must use some keywords
for them.
Is it possible to use a mixture of indexing methods for the same
clusture of documents? Some of them will be very detailed, and some of
them will contain only a simple keyword.
Is it possible?
Thanks.
Ahmet Aksoy