lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Funk <fu...@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject Re: Displaying search context
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:27:53 GMT
What you are doing is a good, scalable practice.  You need to store
those email messages somewhere outside of Lucene, and use a unique id to
correlate the two.  When you want to display relevant text for a search
result, find the file on disk, and pass it through the Lucene
Highlighter  (see the Lucene sandbox).  This will give you what you are
looking for, and it will scale well in the future.