lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramanathan Krishnan <krishn...@ibsglobalweb.com>
Subject Re: "Best-practice" in a web application AND live update of index used by Tomcat
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:22:51 GMT
Hi,
I am a newbie to lucene but I guess the IOException will occur only in
windows as window os doesn't close the files properly.  It shud work
fine in Linux.
I had a similar problem when recreating the same index. The approach I
took was to delete all documents and start adding new ones, instead of
overwriting the index.

Krishnan