lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Bräuer <newslet...@matrix-web.de>
Subject Text is not indexed when passed as a StringReader
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:51:28 GMT
Hello,

this question seems to have occured in the mailing list before but I
wasn't able to find a satisfying answer. So please excuse if I'm asking
something that has already been discussed.

My problem is as follows:
If I use the Field.Text(String,Reader) method to create an indexed, but
unstored field and the passed in Reader happens to be a StringReader
(e.g. when extracting Word documents using the Textmining library) the
field is not indexed at all. That means Luke shows no terms for this
field and, consequently, searches do not yield any result. For
FileReaders, however, everything seems to work fine.

Of course, I could just convert the reader back into a string (e.g. with
Jakarta Commons IO - IOTools.toString()) and use the
Unstored(String,String) method but then again it wouldn't make sense to
use a StringReader in the first place.

Thanks for your help,
Matthias