lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: some general question about Nutch Search engine.
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:36:54 GMT

Please see http://nutch.org for information about Nutch.

> 1-does Nutch support multilanguage indexing and searching ?

Yes, to large degree (there are always issues when making assumptions
about the query language).

> 2-does it has capability to index and search more than 500,000 site in a
> timely manner?

Sure, no problem. I typically work with instances that collect data from
5 mln pages, others run installations that have ~100 mln pages.

> 3-does it have capabilities to add ADs System , sponsored result first and
> other features that for example google search engine has?

Requires coding, but not so complicated.

> 4-does licensing allow me to use/modefy it for my own purpose without
> sharing the source ?

Yes, ASL-2.0 license, same as Lucene.

> 5-does its robot support site list / domainextension list (for example
> searching and indexing all UK extension)

Yes.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><