lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Harini Raghavan <harini.ragha...@insideview.com>
Subject Stale NFS file handle Exception
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:46:38 GMT
Hi All,
I have 2 servers in the production environment, one running some Quartz
jobs and the other one running the application. There is a common NFS
mount which has the lucene index directory. The jobs fetch the latest
data and update the lucene index. And the user can search on the index
to retrieve documents. When I search on the index on nfs while the jobs
are being run, I get the following exception :

 java.io.IOException: Stale NFS file handle
  at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readBytes(Native Method)
  at java.io.RandomAccessFile.read(RandomAccessFile.java:315)
  at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.readInternal(FSDirectory.java:420)
  at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readBytes(InputStream.java:61)
  at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$CSInputStream.readInternal(CompoundFileReader.java:220)
  at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.refill(InputStream.java:158)
  at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readByte(InputStream.java:43)
  at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readVInt(InputStream.java:83)
  at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.readTerm(SegmentTermEnum.java:142)
  at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java:115)
  at
org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.scanEnum(TermInfosReader.java:143)
  at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java:137)
  at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermDocs.seek(SegmentTermDocs.java:51)
  at org.apache.lucene.index.MultiTermDocs.termDocs(MultiReader.java:409)
  at org.apache.lucene.index.MultiTermDocs.read(MultiReader.java:377)

Can I have the index directory on a common nfs mount? Does lucene
support this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Harini