lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sean O'Connor <s...@oconeco.com>
Subject Hits document offset information? Span query or Surround?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 06:21:52 GMT
I believe I have heard that Span queries provide some way to access
document offset information for their hits somehow. Does anyone know if
this is true, and if so, how I would go about it?

Alternatively (preferably actually) does the surround code from the SVN
development area have a way of returning offsets for the matching hits?

I believe the current highlighter code matches all query terms in a hit
document, not just those satisfying a query criteria. I need a more
precise way to access the hit term offsets. I am working on hit
highlighting, hit excepts and summaries, and compound queries  (is this
called search vectors?). I am still working through the surround code in
dev. to see if that gives me the compound queries I need.

I am willing to spend a few days to work on implementing adding offsets
to the returned hits (or something similar) if this is not currently
available. It is something I need, even at the cost of search efficiency.
Thanks

Sean