lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Maik Schreiber <blizzy-keyword-lucene_user.f54...@blizzy.de>
Subject Re: Using one physical lucene index for multiple projects
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:59:46 GMT
> Multiple users can authenticate to the XML-RPC server but also have
> access to different documents inside lucene.
>
> So I need some information in the lucene index to know which ones the
> users is able to access. Currently I generate a MD5 hash of the
> username/password and store this as Field.Keyword in the lucene index
> and "AND" all queries for that key too.

Okay, I see. In our system we don't filter search results by user. HTTP
authentication is only used to protect the XML-RPC interface so that not
everyone can use it at will.

--
Maik Schreiber   *   http://www.blizzy.de

GPG public key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1F11D713
Key fingerprint: CF19 AFCE 6E3D 5443 9599 18B5 5640 1F11 D713