lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Markus Fischer <mar...@fischer.name>
Subject Re: Using one physical lucene index for multiple projects
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:22:54 GMT
Maik Schreiber wrote:
>>Currently, I also store the SecretKey (hash of it) in the index so I
>>know when e.g. the request comes to delete all documents I also which ones.
>
> I'm not sure if you're talking about authentication for using the XML-RPC
> interface here...?

Multiple users can authenticate to the XML-RPC server but also have
access to different documents inside lucene.

So I need some information in the lucene index to know which ones the
users is able to access. Currently I generate a MD5 hash of the
username/password and store this as Field.Keyword in the lucene index
and "AND" all queries for that key too.

I'm just wondering whether all in all that's a good idea or not and
would else I could do.

- Markus