lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Liu <andyliu1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A very technical question.
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:58:54 GMT
While you're indexing, you can assign each doc with a field that refers to
how long the document is. So, for example, you can add a field named
"docLength" for each document, and assign it with discrete values such as
"veryshort", "short", "medium", "long", "verylong", depending on how
granular you need it. Then at query time you can specify the field and a
given boost value, i.e.

civil war docLength:verylong^5 docLength:long^3

Andy