lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Commit lock timeout exception
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:58:15 GMT
Hello,

Dual CPU or single CPU, problems with lock files typically point to
incorrect usage of the API, such as modifying the same index from
multiple processes concurrently, or exiting the application without
closing index mutator classes.  Print the exception stack trace, and
see if it mentions the exact location of the lock file.  If not, search
your disk for a file that starts with "lucene-" to find it.

Otis