lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <>
Subject Re: Lucene vs SQL database
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:46:24 GMT
On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 08:39:53AM -0400, George Abraham wrote:
> Eugene,
> You could grab all the fields for a record in a SQL database, mash it all
> together and transfer it into one indexing field in Lucene. Use some
> scripting tools (or even JDBC and Java) to do this. However if you are
> asking if Lucene can go and look over a SQL database and return results,
> that would not work. Lucene has to index the database fields first. The
> indexing would happen with the first two sentences of my post.

Integersting. We have some kind of set of privileges, required to access the
object (let's say rows in table(s)), I thought if it is possible to use
kind of "injection" of access control statement to SQL query for extraction
of only allowed data... But if Lucene needs to index anything, how could I
define the access privileges for data?

Eugene N Dzhurinsky

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: