lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Lucene trunk update question. WAS RE: search performance enhancement
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:10:37 GMT
Otis,

On Monday 26 September 2005 00:37, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> As Erik Hatcher noted in another email (it might have been on the -dev
> list), we'll go through JIRA before making the next release and try to
> push the patches like this one into the core.  Personally, it has been

I used my bug votes already. I hope more people will do that, hint:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=12310110

Is there a way to view the open issues sorted by number of votes?

> bugging me to see all these nice contributions sitting outside the core
> all this time, and I know it doesn't make contributors feel good.  I
> may have more time to focus on Lucene in the near future, in which case
> I'll do some of what I described above.

In this case, the code requires skipTo() on all scorers. In the trunk, all
scorers have this. There may be a small query search performance hit
due to this, and the code has not been used widely.
To avoid having a dependence on a possible weak spot in performance,
it might be good to let this filter code wait until that is settled.

Regards,
Paul Elschot