lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From bib_lucene bib <bib_luc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Displaying Document [Highlighting Terms]
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:57:34 GMT
Hi All

I have indexed and displayed highlighted search results. [following lucene in action examples:
Thanks authors]. Now I want to display the content of the file with highlighted terms.

An idea I could comeup with is , clicking on search result I can open stream to a document,
search the text for matching strings and put <b>text</b> around the text (or css
whatever).

What I am not sure with the above approach is if there are 100 people requesting to see the
document, it will open 100 files and do the search and highlight etc....

Is there a elegant and better way, essentially how you guys deal when the requirement is not
only to just show highlighted fragments of a doc, but also the whole document with highlighted
text on clicking clicking on search results.

The document is indexed like this..
doc.add(Field.UnStored("content",fileText));

Thanks for any suggestions...
Thanks
bib