lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From tirupathi reddy <tirupathiredd...@yahoo.com>
Subject How the default ranking works
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:03:52 GMT
Hello,

   How the hits are ranked in default case. If I have say some query like this:

title:"measurement procedure" AND id:ep6289*

Say I have some 10 documents matched with that query, how my hits will be displayed. Which
record will display first and how it will do the ranking in default case. And also think that
I don't have any sort Field.

Please give me some resources where I can read all about Indexing, Ranking of Lucene.

Thanx,
MTREDDY

Tirupati Reddy Manyam
24-06-08,