lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Russo" <dan...@mxinteractive.com>
Subject Invalid handle?
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:01:13 GMT
I'm trying to run a Lucene (1.4.3) index through an RMI server on a Windows
machine, but I'm getting the following error when I try to read some (but
not all) documents from the Hits object:

SEVERE: java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid

java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid

        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.seek(Native Method)

        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.readInternal(FSDirectory.java:415)

        at
org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readBytes(InputStream.java:61)

        at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileReader$CSInputStream.readInternal(Compou
ndFileReader.java:220)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.refill(InputStream.java:158)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readByte(InputStream.java:43)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readInt(InputStream.java:73)

        at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readLong(InputStream.java:96)

        at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:59)

        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:282)

        at
org.apache.lucene.index.MultiReader.document(MultiReader.java:108)

        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.doc(IndexSearcher.java:104)

        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.doc(Hits.java:101)

Does anyone know what could be causing this?  I tried rebuilding the index,
but I still get the same error.  I haven't had this problem with other
indexes that I've built, and I haven't heard of anyone else having this
specific problem, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

                                           -Dan