lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James Huang <metapr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sort by relevance+distance
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:06:11 GMT
I think this is probably the closest thing I like to/am able to do now. If I ever get to do
this, I'll share the idea/code and seek review and suggestions.

Thank you very much, Mark, and all others that have helped!

-James

mark harwood <markharw00d@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
I think the HitCollector approach was fine but needed
a couple of changes:
1) use a PriorityQueue subclass in place of the
SortedSet to keep only the top n scoring docs
2) multiply lucene score by a distance measurement
based on the current doc's location (doc location
being read from a cached array of type
Location[reader.maxDoc] )

Cheers
Mark