lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenel...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: problems with lucene on a webhost account
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:59:54 GMT
On Friday 16 September 2005 23:32, Gasi wrote:

>  After uploading these on a real webserver , it didn't work because for
> every search I had null results. So I found a solution-not a good
> one-but it works: I indexed my data on the webhostingaccount.

There must have been a different problem. Lucene indexes should be
system-independent, i.e. it should be possible to index on e.g. Windows
and upload to Unix or vice versa. Maybe the fields where different in your
searcher than the ones in the index (see the FAQ at
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-3558e5121806fb4fce80fc022d889484a9248b71).

Regards
 Daniel

--