lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From tirupathi reddy <tirupathiredd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Small problem in searching
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:02:11 GMT
Hello,

     I read the following statement :
Note: You cannot use a * or ? symbol as the first character of a search.

in this page:  http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html

So that's why I thought of that. And at present I am using QueryParser. So it is giving error
for *reddy*. I am very new to this. And I have to submit my application by next week. So please
help me how can I use WildcardQuery method instead of QueryParser.

At this time I have query like:  id:manyam* AND author:*reddy* OR title:"measurement procedure".

and I am passing it to QueryParser as follows

query = QueryParser.parse(query1,"ALL",analyzer);

and calling the search method of Searcher class as follows

Hits hits = searcher.search(query);

So can u please help me to modify this code to use WildcardQuery so that I can use *reddy*.

  Thanx,
MTREDDY

Tirupati Reddy Manyam
24-06-08,