lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Terms given a filter?
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:08:37 GMT
Erik,
It may be worth looking at the code here:

The Bitsets in your example are likely to be very
sparse (I imagine you know only too well how long it
takes to write a book and therefore how many books
there are likely to be per author! :))With such a
sparse set per author BitSets could use a lot of
memory. In this example I imagine a SortedVIntList per
author would be a much more compact format.
The code in the link contains a standard interface for
a sorted list of ints with bitset,int array and VInt
encoded implementations. The AndDocNrSkipper and
OrDocNrSkipper classes can be used to perform set
intersections on any combination of these int sets.

Cheers,
Mark