lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: too many files open
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:09:40 GMT
Hello, (replying to java-user list, as that's the place to ask)

Your mergeFactor is waaaaaay to high.  Leave it at the default (10).
Also look at IndexWriter javadocs, where mergeFactor and friends are
described.  If you have Lucene in Action, mergeFactor is described in
detail in chapter 2 (see
http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=mergeFactor ) and there is code
that shows you how you can change various indexing parameters to tune
indexing performance.

Otis