lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: lia demos without ant
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:57:48 GMT
Hi Gasi,

Please see page xxxii in LIA, section Author Online, and use that for
LIA questions, so we don't bother others with LIA-specific stuff.

However, your problem doesn't have to do so much with LIA, either.
It's a basic Java question, and it looks like the part that you have
been misunderstanding is about what CLASSPATH is or how it is used.

When you run "java -classpath lucene-1.4.3.jar
lia.analysis.AnalyzerDemo", you are not compiling anything, you are
trying to run AnalyzerDemo class, in the lia.analysis java package.

Also, thar particular command assumes that file lucene-1.4.3.jar is in
your current directory, and based on your error, it looks like that's
not the case.

Here are some links that may be worth checking out:
  http://www.google.com/search?q=java%20classpath%20tutorial

Otis